I LOVE this recipe! Store bought Granola is SO expensive and not always the healthiest. =\ Now I know exactly what's in my granola! Add dried cranberries or raisins to zest it up a bit!
4 cups of rolled oats
1 cup of vanilla protein powder
¾ cup of oat bran or wheat germ
1 cup of sliced almonds
1 tsp of salt
1/3 cup of brown sugar
1/8 cup of maple syrup
½ cup of honey
½ cup of coconut oil (or olive oil)
1 tbs of cinnamon
½ tsp of vanilla extract
1. Mix oats, protein powder, oat bran, almonds, salt and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl.
2. Over low heat in a saucepan, stir maple syrup, honey, coconut oil (olive oil works too), cinnamon and vanilla extract.
3. Once it reaches a low boil, pour over the dry ingredients and stir until completely mixed.
4. Spread the mixture over a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, stirring halfway through.
5. Allow to cool before breaking apart.